- The Safety Coach's main focus is specifically the safety of the team. This person must not be the Head Coach or play a role as a Defensive/Offensive Coordinator. They may be an Assistant Coach.
- Medically trained professionals are highly encouraged.
- This person will work with the Director of Player Safety and be responsible for creating a Team Emergency Protocol Plan and submitting weekly Injury Reports.
Please read the below requirements thoroughly.
We have both online and in-person trainings that need to be completed.
Coaches will not be able to take the field, until ALL requirements are completed.
1) REGISTER ONLINE : 2022 TVYFL Coach & Staff Registration
2) BACKGROUND CHECK : 2022 TVYFL Background Screen w/APS
- This type of screening is needed if you are NOT already an Assistant Tackle Coach who is also completing the USA Football Training and is doing the "2022 TVYFL Background Screen Only".
3) COMPLETE CONCUSSION TRAINING
The Safety Coach, like all coaches on the team, are required to complete concussion training. If a Safety Coach does not do the USA Football HeadsUp tackle training (as an Assistant Coach), they can do the USA Football Crashcourse: Concussion Education.
- You must have/create an account with USA Football. Go to https://account.usafootball.com/login and make sure "Hillsboro Youth Football - TVYFL" is your organization.
- Go to your dashboard and find "Certification & Courses". Click "Take Me There".
- Find "Crashcourse: Concussion Education (Coach)". Click "Add".
- You will receive a certificate upon completion. This certificate must be turned in to the Registrar.
4) BE FIRST AID / CPR CERTIFIED
- FIRST AID / CPR: Per TVYFL, the Head Coach, an Assistant Coach, and Safety Coach/Coordinator must be certified. If you attend this session the cost is covered by HYFA; if you choose to not attend this session you will be responsible for the cost and you will not be reimbursed.
- SAFETY COORDINATOR MEETING